Apr 20, 2012

Every afternoon..

I sipped tea while she sipped coffee as the music of rain pouring down upon the asbestos sheeted roof filled the room.

She looked at the rain drops clinging onto the glass pane while I looked at the tear drops clinging onto her cheek.

Her heart wished to see the beautiful patterns of the drops of rain on the glass pane while my heart wished to see her flawless cheek dotted by drops of her tears which, she never wiped away.

She looked beautiful especially, when she smiled. But, she looked amazingly beautiful when she cried. 

The tear drops, like pearls added beauty to the long eyelashes that cradled her big black eyes.

Each drop that fell from her eyes was a unique gem containing her essence in their purest form. For, tears are pure, purer than the fake smiles.

Each afternoon, she would come by, walking across my lawn, stumbling against pots, apologizing and grinning sheepishly. The grin reminded me of my childhood. It was the same grin flashed by a kid who had bullied me.
I hated it.

So each afternoon, when she came by, I narrated stories-tearjerkers. I made her cry-out of happiness! And when, I couldn’t tolerate her smiles, I made her cry-out of sadness. But, she came every afternoon without fail. A routine, formed for life.

I just made her cry every single afternoon when she visited a wheelchair confine that I am, without ever reminding her of my disability, without ever reminding her that she was the one who ran her car over me in drunken rage !


Image : A pic clicked by me

***

4 tunes:

  1. --For, tears are pure, purer than the fake smiles.
    Beautiful lines. And so true !

    I like the way how the working of the whimsical human mind is shown.. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anisha.. Those are my favourite lines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is damn intense. Excellent one Mystic

    ReplyDelete

Would love to her what you think of this

(c) Mystic. Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Solitary Contemplations, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena